Question Question Issue with App access to Lorex LNR 300 DVR

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
So my house is currently wired up with 4 Lorex IP cameras going to my PoE switch. Elsewhere in the network I have a Lorex LNR 300 DVR which is configured to record from those cameras. I use the Lorex "netHD Stratus" app on both my Android Phone and my wife's iPhone to view the cameras remotely. This was all working perfectly for a few weeks.

Now suddenly I cannot connect to view the Cameras or access the DVR via the app from outside my network. I get the error "Create Tunnel Failed".

The ONLY thing that changed on my network is I disabled the RDP port I had open on my router (Dlink DSR-250)due to security concerns, however that port does not correspond to any port mentioned by Lorex as needed by the system.

Anyone ever dealt with this?

Sep 12, 2019
So my house is currently wired up with 4 Lorex IP cameras going to my PoE switch. Elsewhere in the network I have a Lorex LNR 300 DVR which is configured to record from those cameras. I use the Lorex "netHD Stratus" app on both my Android Phone and my wife's iPhone to view the cameras remotely. This was all working perfectly for a few weeks.

Now suddenly I cannot connect to view the Cameras or access the DVR via the app from outside my network. I get the error "Create Tunnel Failed".

The ONLY thing that changed on my network is I disabled the RDP port I had open on my router (Dlink DSR-250)due to security concerns, however that port does not correspond to any port mentioned by Lorex as needed by the system.

Anyone ever dealt with this?
I have a Lorex LNR380 that recently started exhibiting the exact same behavior, so I'm equally interested in a fix. I can't think of anything that's changed on my network, though Android updates have been plentiful. More importantly, however, I believe connectivity is relayed through some kind of Lorex cloud - making me wonder if they changed something...?

Dec 1, 2019
I have a Lorex LNR380 that recently started exhibiting the exact same behavior, so I'm equally interested in a fix. I can't think of anything that's changed on my network, though Android updates have been plentiful. More importantly, however, I believe connectivity is relayed through some kind of Lorex cloud - making me wonder if they changed something...?
I am also interested to see if Lorex changed something. I can not find the Lorex netHD Stratus (Phones) app on the play store. Lorex website shows that is how to connect to the LNR360.
If this is no longer available what app can be used on android to connect to the LNR360

Sep 12, 2019
I am also interested to see if Lorex changed something. I can not find the Lorex netHD Stratus (Phones) app on the play store. Lorex website shows that is how to connect to the LNR360.
If this is no longer available what app can be used on android to connect to the LNR360
Coincidentally, I noted the same thing yesterday. FWIW, I made my way through EVERY Lorex Android app - NONE would connect to my LNR380. (I spent a LOT of time trying various ports and settings.)

Thanks to Google, I eventually found and downloaded the Lorex netHD Stratus .APK file elsewhere. Drop me a PM with your email address if you're unable to locate it, and I'll send you the ~14MB file.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
I have not yet found any solution to this. I've tried a few more setting changes and nothing has helped. I guess this is what you get for buying some non-name brand product (although the name brand guys do this stuff too). They make some change that borks the whole thing and then "sorry oh well".

Sep 12, 2019
Update:

Noticed the "netHD Stratus" app has been delisted from the Google Play Store. They really have got to be kidding me.

Previously reported on 1 Dec...
Coincidentally, I noted the same thing yesterday. FWIW, I made my way through EVERY Lorex Android app - NONE would connect to my LNR380. (I spent a LOT of time trying various ports and settings.)

Thanks to Google, I eventually found and downloaded the Lorex netHD Stratus .APK file elsewhere. Drop me a PM with your email address if you're unable to locate it, and I'll send you the ~14MB file.