Queues in Manhattan Form as DROID Launches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
As a Palm Pre owner I'm happy to see improvements in other competing devices. Competition between Palm, Apple, RIM, and Google are all good things.

mactruck

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I have been eligible for Verizon's new-every-two phone discount for over 18 months but I haven't seen anything worthy of replacing my Samsung A990. Until now. I need to hold something in my hand before I commit to two years of carrying it in my pocket, but barring any surprises I may pick one up this weekend.

The only reason I haven't switched providers is the lack of competing provider coverage in my area and the saviors at Howard Forums that have helped me hack my last two Verizon-locked phones.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Man I just got me and my girl the moment. Coming from crappy windows mobile phones for 3 years, this is by far the best phones weve owned. All the android devices are fantastic. I swear ive spent 4 hours in the app store and Ive had my phone since yesterday. Android is hands down the best phone os. Just cant wait till sprint gets the 2.0 eclair update!!

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
I'm going over to the verizon store to take a look at the DROID today. If I like what I see I will most likely be getting one tomorrow.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I'm sticking with the basic phone and Verizon family plan my parents got me. Kinda hard to afford data plans and all that when going to college

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
I would buy one if it weren't for the mandatory $30 data charge that verizon requires with the purchase of the phone. No way am I paying that much for internet access over a mobile phone.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
My god, people are lame. I wonder how all those parents feel about waiting in line for days to get a Tickle Me Elmo? To me, this is the same type of shit.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
well its not as clunky as Windows 6.5 on the samsung omnia (hopin for win7 to be better) its not as laggy as the blackberry storm or the LG Dare. It scrolls nice, moves nice, camera... meh (compared to the omnia which is omg amazing best camera i have ever seen on a phone) qwerty keyboard is nice (used to omnia touch screen), wish it had gestures like the iphone for zoom and pan functions, but i can operate 100% with my finger (unlike omnia) views penny-arcade really well and the scroll/trackpad is very useful and responsive. Its like having your own mouse in your phone (better than blackberry's failmouse). App store is small with meh apps, but that will change as the phone becomes more popular. Sounds good, has headphone jack, has SD card slot (inside the battery case, so you have to remove battery every time you change mem cards. Kinda a downer when other phones have easy mem access).
All in all i wish the droid all the luck and hopefully verizon doesn't nerf the phone like they do with their other stuff with that crappy VCast of theirs.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I want it, but money is a factor.

I'll probably just hop over to Walmart or BestBuy or something and pick up a prepaid for $50...

Should have seen the lines in Western Canada for H1N1 vaccine clinics, spanning through buildings and to the streets. =D

AW-Levi

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
At least Motorola is heading out from the shadows. The design is eye-catching. Now it all depends on the software and the hardware to keep up. Hopefully it won't suffer the faith as some other Motorola products did.
But it's seems like a good choice. :)

mitchmeister03

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Going to take a look into this soon. Have an Omnia currently and I like it, but miss an actual keyboard. Still do not like the touch screen keyboard even after 6 months of using it.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
[citation][nom]magnumload[/nom]I would buy one if it was $199 without the two year contract. I still got a year left =\.[/citation]
More like, you would get one without your current contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.