Quiet sound crackling

Woofies

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
Had my pc for about a year now, and I've been using the back panel audio plugs for my headphone and mic, and all of a sudden the sound became very quiet and whenever I turn up the volume there is crackling sounds along with the audio. I tried the front panel headphone jack and it works perfectly fine, but my headphone cable is very long, and is ideal for it to be in the back. Pls help me idk how to fix this.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
It sounds like your shielding has degraded, or you are experiencing some sort of interference (due to improper shielding). Could also be that the jack itself has a problem, but that sounds unlikely, given your issue. I would guess that you're experiencing some sort of audio isolation problem.

My advice: either switch to the front jack, or buy a new sound card.

Woofies

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014

UPDATE: It works fine after my pc has been running for at least 30 or so min. Have any idea why? Also if I restart it or put it to sleep it goes back to that crackling sound until after 30 min.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Sounds like a driver issue. Have you tried running an ASIO driver? Give that a go, and see if that clears things up. From a little digging, it looks like it could be a DPC latency issue.