Status
Not open for further replies.

noormohd45

Estimable
Feb 14, 2015
Hello, I am little curious. I live in Karachi,Pakistan and Recently Passed my Matriculation (10th standard) With A+ Grade. I am Acutely interested in Software Engineering..

Software Engineering Is rapidly growing Field now, it is the most demanded Field and also has a really bright Future in all over the world + the salaries are really high :) :) (Money matters the most) :p

I have decided to Join ICS(Physics) And Then Move myself Forward to Software Engineering .. But Before Completing My ICS(Physics), Which Courses should I do that are beneficial for Software Engineering.. Which Computer Institute In Karachi is good and Which Course I must have to do... Also Which Programming Language Should I learn to get full advantage of Software Engineering..

Thanking You

Solution

Pinhedd

Distinguished

Software Engineering is a very new and very controversial field. It's not universally recognized as an engineering field and professional accreditations in Software Engineering are more rare than their more classical counterparts. Ironically enough, there are some software jobs in which a Computer Engineer or Electrical Engineer can work but a Software Engineer cannot.

There are a few things of which you should be aware, and you should perform your research accordingly.

1. In some regions employers are restricted to conferring engineer titles to qualified engineers who have studied an accredited engineering program and received the required licences. Right now there are a lot of workers around the world that call themselves "Software Engineers" that have never studied engineering much less been licenced as an engineer. If you do decide to pursue Software Engineering as a field of study you must be extremely vigilant to ensure that the school that you choose to attend is accredited and that the accreditation is recognized by the engineering licencing authority in any country in which you wish to work.

If you enroll in an unaccredited program, or a program for which the accreditation is not recognized, you will be unable to pursue professional accreditations in many regions. You will still be able to pursue generic programming jobs, but you may not be legally able to hold the title of a software engineer.

2. Programming is an extremely minuscule aspect of software engineering. Programming is to software engineering as bridge building is to civil engineering, it's an application of the practice. You'll spend far more time designing, testing, and validating than you will programming. Which language you learn is not important, but if you want to get some practice in, learn C.

Solution

noormohd45

Estimable
Feb 14, 2015
Thank You Very Much.. It is really Appreciating you informed me what I was expecting.. Let's discuss it a little further..
As you said Above

Thanks for Guiding me the right path.Well I hope you had ever heard about ICS in Physics. It is common in Pakistan. Basically it is just like Pre-engineering. Anyone who gets Undergraduate degree With ICS in Physics are eligible for Computer engineering, Telecom Engineering and Software engineering. - Source : http://www.eduvision.edu.pk/counseling/index.php?qa=7210&qa_1=which-field-can-i-choos-after-ics-in-physics#sthash.0jgV2cKc.dpuf
Does it gave me an official licence to call myself an " Engineer " OR Will the World Consider me as an "Engineer" ? as u above many workers around the world call themselves Engineer but they are not recorgnized as an Engineer cause of an unaccredited program.. Kindly Answer my query...

Status
Not open for further replies.