R2-D2 Made Into Ultimate Retro Games Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
That's probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen. For me I would have done away with the Dreamcast, PS, and xbox, and instead used a 360, ps3, and ps2. Does the projector display out of the R2D2 eyepiece?

Ed Brown

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Epic win is Epic.

...I'd recommend adding some dry ice "thrusters" that pop out of the sides of the legs just for more effects, heh heh.

*Bleep-o-beep'a-bleeeeep!*

What's that R2? ...he says he needs a working "3po's" to serve drinks this time around.

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
The only thing that would make this cooler if it made R2D2 talk and moved it's body posture around like at the starwars motion ride at Disneyland.

Pretty awesome dude.

tektek

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
C3P0: Theres no time R2.. hurry or Lord Vader will downgrade your firmware and install windows ME on you.
R2D2: TOOOOoooooooot (scared sound made when chewbaka threatens to dismantel him).

Ok i've reached deep into my inner geekness to pull that out.. never knew i had it.. never care to bring it out again..!!

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]That's probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen. For me I would have done away with the Dreamcast, PS, and xbox, and instead used a 360, ps3, and ps2. Does the projector display out of the R2D2 eyepiece?[/citation]
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]That's probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen. For me I would have done away with the Dreamcast, PS, and xbox, and instead used a 360, ps3, and ps2. Does the projector display out of the R2D2 eyepiece?[/citation]

The point of that project was a retro console gaming combination, not a combination of all of the newest gaming consoles.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Well I wasn't arguing the point of the project, was I? I was simply stating how I would have liked my R2-D2 thank you very much. I am entitled to that, correct? Besides, I left most all of the "retro" in there. I just never really liked the dreamcast. but i played the oldies just as much as the next person on this site.

always some asshole trying to start an argument and/or tell someone their comment is irrelevant...whatever dude.

mitch074

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Not wanting to reduce the guy's merits - it's a nice feat he accomplished here. But, he visibly has a problem with controller wires: too many of them. A truly astounding feat would have been a few universal controllers!

But then, considering the consoles he used, an easy (maybe too easy) solution would be: a computer, a bunch of emulators, and a pair of PC paddles.

...That would leave the Zapper behind. But does it still work with current flat screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.