Garrus123

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Hello!

I'm trying to decide between two laptops (HP 15 and Lenovo IdeaPad 100) and the only major difference between them is the graphics card. So which one is better - AMD Radeon R5 M330 1GB GDDR3 or NVIDIA GeForce 920M 2GB DDR3L? Both computers have Intel® Core™ i3-5005U processors and 4GB RAM. I found some conflicting answers on the internet so I decided to ask here. I know that neither card is particularly good but I don't intend to use the laptop for serious gaming because I mostly play games on consoles. The newest games I would like to play are Borderlands 2, Red Orchestra 2, and possibly Civilization VI when it comes out, and I'm okay with playing on the lowest settings as long as the frame rate is good. Or maybe it's worth to pay 70€ more for a laptop with GeForce GT 940M 2GB GDDR3 Intel® Core™ i3-5010U processor? I'm a high school student which means that money is a bit of a problem. I don't want to spend extra unless the difference is significant. My knowledge of computers is very limited so I'd be extremely grateful if you could help me :)

Solution
Performance wise, the 920M is better than the R5 M330.

Are you paying 70€ more for a laptop to play games, or to run school applications, etc? If not for the school part, then I would just stick with your original choice. If you are going to pay more for the laptop for school stuff, then yes, you could pay for the better laptop (It would also get you a better graphics card and CPU).

-MystoPigz

MystoPigz

Estimable
May 14, 2015
Performance wise, the 920M is better than the R5 M330.

Are you paying 70€ more for a laptop to play games, or to run school applications, etc? If not for the school part, then I would just stick with your original choice. If you are going to pay more for the laptop for school stuff, then yes, you could pay for the better laptop (It would also get you a better graphics card and CPU).

-MystoPigz

Solution

Garrus123

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

Thank you! I guess I'll get the one with 920M then :) I only need Microsoft Office for school.