Random browser crashes

JMDean1123

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
I have a brand new Lenovo Y50 that is literally just out of the box and all of my web browsers are having a hard time staying open. I first noticed this problem when streaming a podcast while playing minecraft in the background, but it seems to happen with all streaming content weather I'm doing something else or not. I have been looking far and wide for a solution to no avail.
neither chrome nor firefox seems to log a crash report when it happens, however they both attempt to restore the closed tabs and complain that "chrome/firefox were not shut down properly." Running windows 8 btw. Here's all the things that I have tried.

Disabling hardware acceleration on flash. re installing flash on all browsers. disabling all plugins. running a malware scan. running chrome in windows 8 and desktop mode makes no difference. Windows firewall has no problems with either google chrome or firefox.

Please help anyone who can, I'm about to loose my mind, its so freaking annoying,

jbrown156

Estimable
May 7, 2014

sounds like the browser is running out of memory ..open taskmanager and see hpw much ram is being used when the browser is open and then post the results .. if the ram is constantly at 100% that signals that the memory stick in the machine is going bad ..

JMDean1123

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
No it barely got above 1%... I'm running Minecraft right now which is eating up like 2GB of ram and this never causes any crashes. I did just notice that it always crashes when I close my laptop and open it again.... does that provide insight?

jbrown156

Estimable
May 7, 2014

no doesnt say much .. might also be a fragmented disk .. try running a disk check to see if there are any errors .. that could help

JMDean1123

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
Thanks so much with your help so far... thought I should also add that, as much as it pains me, Ive been using internet explorer for windows 8 and haven't had a problem in three days . So it's a problem common to both Chrome and Fire Fox but must not be specific to the computer because IE runs like a charm (if you can call what IE does "running" lol)

jbrown156

Estimable
May 7, 2014

you know there are other very well put together browsers out there though .. you can just opt to use opera which is very lovely and customizeable ..and fairly fast too .. sorry about firefox and chrome