Random Restarts: Critical Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63 for a few days, now my laptop force shutdows during startup

robo_187

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015
For about a week my laptop started randomly force restarting. I did a bit of digging and found that it was caused by a Critical Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63. However it has progressively gotten more aggressive. I can only manage to get into windows automatic repair after leaving it alone for a bit. I try to do a windows restore but then it crashes around 10% into it giving me a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. I upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1 about 3 months ago and never had this problem on 8.1.
I've read similar forum posts on here but can't seem to find a solution. Can anyone help?

Hi,

First try and load your PC into Safe Mode and observe if it would crash.
- While the PC is booting up repeatedly press on F8.
- Once Advanced Boot Options is open select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- If it will load Safe Mode and will not crash try updating all your drivers with the latest one.
- Disable Automatic Restart as well.
- Right click on This Computer icon and select Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings on the left pane.
- Click on Advanced tab then click settings under Startup and Recovery.
- Remove the check on Automatically restart and click OK.
- If all these won't work you may have to reload Windows 8 and upgrade to Windows 10 again if you choose to.

robo_187

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015
Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I already had automatic restart disabled before the problems started along with all the power options for restarting disabled too. The problem persists even in safe mode. I've noticed if I leave it overnight and turn the laptop on the next day it starts up as normal and I can get about 2 minutes of normal behavior in Windows 10 before the screen freezes for about 30 seconds and then it restarts. After that I'm stuck in force restarts in the advanced startup menus. I'm wondering if my laptop has heat issues as when it's turned on for a few minutes the problems start.