Razer blade 14 light indicator

JasonSno

Estimable
Nov 24, 2015
When I shutdown my laptop from windows (Not sleep) and once the laptop has completely shutdown (Keyboard LED turns off / laptop and fans powers down) I close my LCD and the status indicator turns a faint green. (Not the full green as usual).

This stays on permanently when the laptop is OFF no matter how longer period for, It's on constantly and it appears to be draining my battery over a longer period of time.

I can only get it to actually turn off straight away by plugging in the power adapter and then unplugging it.

The issue doesn't occur however if I select shutdown and close my screen straight away before the laptop actually shuts down.

Solution
Those status indicator LEDs use a very small amount of power. Are you sure the laptop is fully entering the low power C states when it goes to sleep?

If that LED is on a daughter board, it might worth asking Razer support if you can get it checked out or replaced, assuming it's not a main board issue.
Those status indicator LEDs use a very small amount of power. Are you sure the laptop is fully entering the low power C states when it goes to sleep?

If that LED is on a daughter board, it might worth asking Razer support if you can get it checked out or replaced, assuming it's not a main board issue.

Solution