Question Razer Blade 15 Wifi Issues

Apr 14, 2022
2019 Razer Blade Stealth 15"

Whenever a video is being watched on YouTube or Netflix either connection cuts out and says "There is no internet connection here" or weird ghosting issues occur with dots throughout the video or artifacts occur throughout video.
Whenever I try and play a multiplayer game, it usually crashes.
For example, I tried to play minecraft and while in singleplayer the game never crashed except when I started to play multiplayer/

I am not sure what the problem could be although I suspect it is wifi card. I replaced my SSD, uninstalled graphics drivers and the wifi adapter drivers, and even did a factory reset of the entire computer but nothing has worked.

Wifi Card- Intel 9560NGW

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
tlBlgA.jpg
q2pr2m.jpg
W5nvjx.jpg

Apr 14, 2022
Update:

Ive tried the same tests while plugged in to ethernet, and has the same issue. I am considering that the graphics card may be dying, but am still confused as no artifacts occur on screen during normal use, even when watching a downloaded video.

Apr 14, 2022
Update V2:

Periodically it will disconnect from ethernet randomly, but far less then it being connected to wifi. Unsure of what exactly is going on.

Apr 14, 2022
test with other browser like firefox?
gpu driver up to date?
turn off hardware acceleration in chrome?
I have reset windows, downloaded and redownloaded graphics drivers, used browsers Firefox Microsoft edge and chrome and it still occurs.
Hardware acceleration was a good idea, disabled on both chrome and windows and it did not work.

I work on desktop PCs, not laptops so this is a bit new to me.

I feel as if the problem is between internet connection and graphics

For graphics, whenever I download a YouTube video I never get any of the artifacts on screen. I have tried this about 6 times and nothing has changed. works perfectly. As far as I can see though using task manager all videos are running on the integrated Intel graphics. No matter what I try and do I cannot get it so switch to the Nvidia 2060 for watching a video. One thing I tried was downloading a benchmark, and when I ran that it did switch to the Nvidia as I could tell with the frame rate difference. My guess is that the 2060 only runs when there is a heavy load.

WIFI Issue:

Again, I have a feeling that its WIFI but it still doesn't make sense. This is because the artifacts occur whenever the computer is connected to WIFI or Ethernet. And I'm pretty sure that the intel wifi card does not control the ethernet.

This then leads me back to thinking its graphics, and then my head starts this whole cycle over and over again.

Right now, Im scared that something may be wrong with the motherboard itself, but again I have no clue.

Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.
John

Apr 14, 2022
OK I am officially lost and seriously considering sending this to a repair center. I have tried everything I could think of.

I have tried MULTIPLE graphics card benchmarks, literally running the 2060 to 98% utilization and it is working absolutely perfectly. No artifacts and strong frame rates. BUT whenever I go to play the simplest videos it bugs LIKE CRAZY ! This happens whenever I am connected to ethernet wifi, doesnt matter.

ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated! I am officially completely out of ideas
John

Apr 14, 2022
just youtube? the only thing I could think of is some decoder issue. but that should be on the gpu driver. and you already using the latest.
windows up to date?
I think I found the issue!

Razer pointed me out to intel's graphics driver update software, which is telling me that my UHD intel 630 integrated graphics hasn't been updated since 2019..

I thought it was fully up to date, as i pressed update drivers on device manager/

But i am now running into this weird issue where everytime i try and install the driver, it fails to update.

Any ideas on how to get this to download correctly?