Razer Blade Stealth, HP Spectre, Dell XPS 13, or Macbook Air?

wcarhart

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
I am in the process of purchasing a new laptop, because my old one from about 4 years ago is beginning to show its age. I am a university student and will mostly be using the device for taking notes, word processing, presentations, web browsing, and a few other engineering and CS tasks. I am looking for a thin and lightweight ultrabook that I can take to school for the whole day, with enough power but not a thick brick of a laptop. I am an engineering/CS student, and need more CPU power than a Chromebook or lighter laptop. I do not intend to game of this laptop at all.

So far I am considering the Razer Blade Stealth, HP Spectre, Dell XPS 13, and Macbook Air. I am more of a PC guy, but I want to consider the Mac to be fair. I am leaning to the RBS because it has 16GB of RAM, an i7-7500U and costs $1250. However, I am a little skeptical, with Razer being a smaller gaming company and having some seemingly mixed reviews of their products, both systems and peripherals. All of these machine configurations have 256GB PCIe SSDs and similar price tags.

Does anyone have any advice on these four ultrabooks? I am skeptical of the HP because I've read it gets really hot with how thin it is, and I'm skeptical of the Macbook simply because it's a Mac and I don't like Apple as a company and think you can get much better performance out of the other machines for the same price. The Razer has been getting a lot of rewards from well-known reviewers, and so I'm not really sure who to trust. Does anyone have any personal experience with the RBS?

Solution
All are great laptops. Macbook Air is a good machine but it's screen is outdated
If you don't plan to game,then XPS 13 is a solid choice.Has a great build quality,top notch display and good battery life

TRENDING THREADS