Razer Intros Battlefield 3 Keyboard, Mouse, & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
Razer's full line of Battlefield 3-themed products will be available both online and at retailers worldwide on October 25. The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate gaming keyboard will retail for $139.99 USD (EU €139.99 ), the Razer Imperator gaming mouse will retail for $79.99 USD (EU €79.99), the Razer Scarab hard mouse mat will retail for $39.99 USD (EU €39.99), and the Razer Onza Tournament Edition Xbox 360 controller will retail for $59.99 USD (EU €59.99).

Surprisingly, the Razer Messenger Bag doesn't come cheap, costing a hefty $79.99 USD (EU €79.99). The iPhone 4 Protection Case is the cheapest of the whole batch, costing a mere $19.99 USD (EU €19.99).

I'm not exactly an expert on foreign market but why do companies keep saying $1US = €1?

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]Razer's full line of Battlefield 3-themed products will be available both online and at retailers worldwide on October 25. The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate gaming keyboard will retail for $139.99 USD (EU €139.99 ), the Razer Imperator gaming mouse will retail for $79.99 USD (EU €79.99), the Razer Scarab hard mouse mat will retail for $39.99 USD (EU €39.99), and the Razer Onza Tournament Edition Xbox 360 controller will retail for $59.99 USD (EU €59.99).Surprisingly, the Razer Messenger Bag doesn't come cheap, costing a hefty $79.99 USD (EU €79.99). The iPhone 4 Protection Case is the cheapest of the whole batch, costing a mere $19.99 USD (EU €19.99).I'm not exactly an expert on foreign market but why do companies keep saying $1US = €1?[/citation]

Because it's convenient and a great source of extra income for them. They overcharge European customers by 20-30% that way, something they blame on extra taxes. However, the extra taxes are far less than the profit they make by such exchange rates.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
îcepick314: The same reason that $1CAN>$1US but article at $169.99 USD cost $199.99 CAN. The price is higher by region. When life cost cost more and you gain more, you can paid more. Companies make money from that.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
not enough to sway me from logitech, but, speaking as someone with large hands, the adjustable side buttons on the mouse are pretty nice.

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
I generally dislike razer products because of theyre plastic-y cheap feeling, but the blackwidow keyboard was such a difference. It was very well built and felt so good to type on. I just wish they would have used different MX switches like browns instead of the blues since theyre better for gaming

ice-man

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
I really like the looks of the Razer keyboards. However, I have tested 2 specific ones and they do not work well for me. I have fairly large hands and their keys are too close together. I also agree the Keys feel cheap.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Is the 360 Controller PC compatible? I need a good PC Controller for BF3 when I hop into vehicles.

I hate flying jets with the mouse/keyboard. It sucks.

cognoscentiable

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]I'm not exactly an expert on foreign market but why do companies keep saying $1US = €1?[/citation]

It's simply because they can get away with it. The EU could stop this if they really wanted to but they're too busy worrying about whether our vegetables are the correct shape.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Miharu[/nom]îcepick314: The same reason that $1CAN>$1US but article at $169.99 USD cost $199.99 CAN. The price is higher by region. When life cost cost more and you gain more, you can paid more. Companies make money from that.[/citation]

Not quite true, I'm from Central Europe and the life here costs a lot and u gain s**t. The thing is all components and other pc peripherals cost an arm and a leg. For example, with 500 us dollars or about 350 euros (current exchange rate) in American you can build yourself a decent low end gaming PC, while in Romania that nails you an office system (at best) with integrated graphics ( you need $750 minimum to buy a GTX580, just to put things in perspective). The price difference is so extreme that for example last year i asked a friend that moved to the States to buy from Fry's a pair of DDR2 Patriot memory and send them via US mail ... and that was still cheaper. And don't get me started on Apple products .. cheapest Air laptop starts at $1500.

As an end note, I do believe it's actually backwards. Country's that have a good standard of living, actually end up payn less.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
HMMM,, I'm getting fed up with various outfits producing some piece of plastic with a few coloured lights and a couple of macro's and calling it a "gaming keyboard",, a true gaming board will have a dedicated pad for gaming as well as the above, like the Wolfking , or , the Merc series, let's face it computer kbds were never designed nor intended for games, hell they are still selling kbds with numpads like it was in the data entry days, and don't even get me started on the stupid operating systems....:)

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]Because it's convenient and a great source of extra income for them. They overcharge European customers by 20-30% that way, something they blame on extra taxes. However, the extra taxes are far less than the profit they make by such exchange rates.[/citation]
They charge 44% more on European market then in US. Plus those numbers are MSRP and on top of that you have to add VAT in Europe which ranges from 8% to 23% depending on country.

PhoneyVirus

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
I just order the Razer Onza Tournament Edition Professional Controller this week should have wait O well it should be good for Prototype GTA 4 and all Games for windows Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.