SteelRazorBlade

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Honestly, I have no idea what to get out of these two, price is not an issue, and before you ask, the reason I would prefer to get Razer Headphones as it goes with the rest of my Peripherals and I've owned Razer headphones in the past and they've been epic, and I like the colour, now as I was saying I haven't got a clue what to get, because I love the look, feel and material of the forged edition and the other option is the 7.1 version, meaning I don't have to save up for a good sound card, however the forged edition looks beautiful, and feels much better on he head and ears, guys please help me!

TheTechSide

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
You should go for the Razer Kraken Forged Edition cause' it has better sound quality and secondly it is not a USB headset. Razer Kraken 7.1 is a USB Headset and can connect to your PC but not your Phone/mp3 player

SteelRazorBlade

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

So you're saying that the kraken forged will have better sound quality than the 7.1 if i just add a 7.1 sound card into my PC

TehCaucasianAsian

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Sound cards are usually a waste of money. Just download Razer Surround, virtual 7.1 surround is better than paying money for sound cards that are gegenerally suckier than a motherboard's standard sound

alex dm

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014

.... and also Kraken Forged Edition goes with "Swappable cable system" :
- 3.5mm to 2.5mm Audio Cable with Inline Microphone
- 3.5mm to 2.5mm Audio Cable
- 1/4” (6.35mm) Audio Connector
its a pity that mic is not built-in as in all others head sets.