chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
So, I've done like 3 hours of research trying to decide on a gaming/PC headset. So the headsets I'm choosing while standing in microcenter for more than an hour deciding on are as follows:

Razer Man O' War Wireless $52.52

Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 $102.67

Hyperx Cloud II $97.19

Sennheiser PC 360 $99.99

This is including tax believe it or not. Yes even the Sennheiser. If any one has experience with these headsets and let me know the best for gaming and chat as I stream quite a bit.

I recently had razer carcharias lasted quite a long time and recently the right earphone went out. I heard the hyperx cloud II were good but I will be using razer surround software as I know exactly how to configure for perfect surround sound. Meaning the usb dongle I will not be using or the mic really cause I have a blue yeti.

So really looking for surround sound and mic quality if it sounds better then a blue yeti.

Solution
if you have a blue yeti microphone then you don't need a gaming mic, you just need a standard stereo heaphone, you can get better sounding quality headphone that don't have mic's integrated in them in the sound system sections of any store. same brands sometimes.

Personally I Use HyperX Revolver and I had razer headphone before that and I like the baseline of the Hypex a lot better.
if you have a blue yeti microphone then you don't need a gaming mic, you just need a standard stereo heaphone, you can get better sounding quality headphone that don't have mic's integrated in them in the sound system sections of any store. same brands sometimes.

Personally I Use HyperX Revolver and I had razer headphone before that and I like the baseline of the Hypex a lot better.

Solution

chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Is there an hyperx similar to the cloud II with the usb dingle. I would like to get the Hyperx series. As far as reviews go on the cloud II. Seems really nice. PC 360 sennheiser as well. I tried both in the in store and they feel really nice. Much better than my previous razers. I love the sort of "clamp" (earcups together) design on the hyperx cloud II. Again I will only be using razer software for configuring surround sound. Man O" War price and the wireless thing is making me think on it more. Though wireless not that big of deal as my previous was wired of course. I'll be deciding later today. I can try the man O" War just i'm not close to my microcenter to take it back if need be.

May 23, 2018
I think Sennheiser Provides the best audio for gaming... mostly all of gamers prefer Sennheiser because they give the best that it can handle... unlike Razer it gives the performance that the build can't handle so it brokes easily... and last the Kingston HyperX it is like Sennheiser... if you are a budget gamer go to Kingston HyperX but if you can afford Sennheiser go to it, it is the best headset that can give you the best performance without being broked easily...

D

Deleted member 217926

Sennheiser makes some of the best audio products on the market. Razer and Kingston make keyboards. Pretty easy decision in my opinion. :)