RCA Cambio Laptop/Tablet Discharging Battery

s3ga1337

Honorable
May 3, 2018
Hello, i've been having a reoccuring problem with a Discharging battery on my RCA Cambio. It will discharge until it hits 50% then shut down, this is a really annoying problem that i have been having to deal with for a while.

Edit: New problem occured, The battery will drain even though it says its charging, discharging message does not pop up.

Any fixes? I'm only 15, so buying newer battery/charger isn't really an option for me.

http://prntscr.com/jdd3m3

Solution
Try charging it while the laptop is turned off. Not sleep or hibernate, but off.

If it will charge when off, but not when on, the charger is going bad and is going to need replacing. If it won't charge, no matter if on or off, then it could be the battery or the charger.

Sadly I know of no way around this. You would have to talk to an adult about the problem and getting help with the parts.
Try charging it while the laptop is turned off. Not sleep or hibernate, but off.

If it will charge when off, but not when on, the charger is going bad and is going to need replacing. If it won't charge, no matter if on or off, then it could be the battery or the charger.

Sadly I know of no way around this. You would have to talk to an adult about the problem and getting help with the parts.

Solution