RCA Galileo - Unfortunately has stopped

Jun 21, 2018
I am an Android beginner and have been having problems running newly installed programs. I installed Dish Anywhere, Excel, Word and One Drive from Google Play. They seemed to install without any problems, but when I try to open them I receive the message "Unfortunately, . . . has stopped." At first I thought it was a storage problem, but there is plenty of storage available. Please help! What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Nita

Solution
I would suggest then you either back up all your personal stuff to a computer, google account, etc. and do a "Hard Reset" on the device. Which would fully wipe everything and reset it to its original settings, or have it looked at by a technician (or the manufacturer if under warranty) for possible hardware issues.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device...
Jun 21, 2018

Thank you for the suggestion. I did try that and unfortunately it didn't work.
Nita

Hmm. Try uninstalling them all, the restart (turn off and back on). Next run some good scans for viruses and malware. Once done, try installing them again, but do it one at a time. Once installed, make sure the app works first before trying to install any others. If it doesn't work, the uninstall it, restart and try the next one. This way you can eliminate any conflicts that may be going on.

Jun 21, 2018

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried doing this. I was able to install and run the anti-virus program, but still was unable to run any of the other installed apps even when I tried one at a time and then uninstalled and restarted before trying the next one. I still received the same error message on each of those apps even when individually installed. I also tried resetting to factory settings and that didn't work either.

I would suggest then you either back up all your personal stuff to a computer, google account, etc. and do a "Hard Reset" on the device. Which would fully wipe everything and reset it to its original settings, or have it looked at by a technician (or the manufacturer if under warranty) for possible hardware issues.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

Solution