RCA tablet no power-up

oldbaritone

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
RCA 10" tablet RCT6203W46. Recently added employer's Outlook server account, employer required enabling the "remote delete" option in admin. With some trepidation, I did. Email and contacts sync'd fine. The next morning when I turned the tablet on, I got the factory reboot screen, but all my data and apps were still there.
During the day I got a "13% battery power left" warning, and connected it to the charger. I double-checked the battery in system status, and it said "Charging".
At the end of the day, I did a "Power Off" from the system menu, and left the tablet on the charger overnight.
This morning, the display won't come up. I've tried the power button, holding it, holding volume up and pushing or holding power, nothing. I've tried the hard reset button (paper clip) and nothing.
In addition to the charger, I have a USB cable that will connect to my desktop computer. When I plug that in, the Link light on the USB hub lights up, but flashes off for 10 seconds every minute or so. The link light also goes off when I push the reset button on the tablet. Windows does not prompt with the connect message for the tablet, but does prompt when I plug in my smart phone, so I know the USB cable, USB hub and desktop are OK. USB hub specs say it can source up to 2.0A for charging; tablet says 1.5-2A. The charger plugged in overnight was the factory manufacturer-supplied charger.
So it looks like it's brain-dead. Any suggestions what else I might try? I'm still waiting to hear back from RCA support. The only response so far was the auto-acknowledgement.

oldbaritone

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
update: RCA gave me the push and hold the power on while holding the Volume Up button, until the Android recovery screen appears, then run Factory Recovery. The Android screen didn't come up. Waiting for another reply from RCA. For anyone else, here's the link to the RCA "How to wipe and restore Factory Defaults" video.

RCA Android Pro10 Tablet (Android 4.4)
http://www.rcatablets.com/how-completely-reset-your-rca-android-pro10-tablet-android-44

John Jenkins

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
I had the exact same problem.... Twice.. I had RCA send a replacement tablet after it happened the first time. I waited over a month to get it and had to pay lots to ship it here to Japan. Anyways after a month of waiting I finally received it. I turned it on and got everything installed, and then shut it down... Exactly the same damn thing happened.... It wouldn't boot up.... At this point I'm ready to smash both of the things to smithereens and then fly to China to stick all the millions of jagged little pieces slowly up the head CEO's ass... Instead by some very large miracle I had an epiphony and didn't do just that... Instead I decided I'm going to push this fucking power button until I can't anymore before I smash it and go through with what I described before... So after about 5 minutes and a cramped as fuck thumb, bing... It fires up.... So then I decide to try the same thing to my old one .... Low and behold after what seemed like an eternity .... Bing that one fires up too.. In fact its what I'm writing this long winded reply on.. Even after me taking it apart at least 3 times and putting it back together. Now both tablets fire up normally, and I'd be willing to bet that if yours isn't starting, that's the problem. Both of mine still have a slight burnt smell coming out of them. And I'd be willing to bet its because they are shipping them charged and something fries in them when they go trough xray machines and whatever else they go trough when shipped from china's vagina..

RJHarding

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015

This is probably the most helpful (and hilarious) post I've read on this topic. After laughing my ass off, I've got my significant other holding the power button until it magically comes on. Thank you.