Really annoying audio interference issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fire Lancer

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
This keeps coming up with different devices and is really annoying.

Firstly there was my as of yet unresolved issue with USB audio ( http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/56730-6-audio-interference ) and now I have run into an issue when connecting the line out of one device (laptop) with the line in one my desktop :( Although this time I was thus able to record exactly what it is...

edited to remove suspect audio link -- Moderator

But connecting my desktops line out to it's own line in (with the same cable) yields no interference :(

My laptops and desktops audio out has no interference issues when connected to speakers, headphones, etc (with the exception of the usb varieties...) ....

Laptop -> USB audio - interference
Desktop -> USB audio - interference
Laptop -> Speakers - fine
Desktop -> Speakers - fine
Laptop -> Desktop line in - interference
Desktop -> Desktop line in - fine

So I am really out of ideas here, since each component excluding the previous USB audio problem seems to work fine some cases...

fitrihadidotcom

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I also have the same problem with my speaker when the speaker's usb connect to the PC. Simple solution. Just buy a USB socket plug and use it for the USB speaker. The electric noise is gone forever.