Realtek digital optical output stops working after varying amounts of time, and won't turn back on afterwards

dildobaggins

Estimable
Oct 18, 2014
My mobo is - ASUS Z170-A LGA 1151 Intel Z170

My setup runs the optical cord from the back of my computer into my Astro mix-amp which my speakers/headset is plugged into. When I set my realtek optical as default it works for anywhere from like 10 seconds to 5 minutes, then completely stops and the only way for me to get it working again is to unplug the power and optical cords from my mixamp and plug them back in, repeating the process of 10sec-5min.

I have the option of just using my mix-amp and speakers without the optical cable, and it doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't sound as good as the optical option. Any ideas?

dildobaggins

Estimable
Oct 18, 2014
According to the realtek client my driver version is 6.0.1.7523, I'm downloading a codec from their site now. Took me a minute to find it, there's a bunch of stupid ass driver updating programs trying to get me to install them and the website didn't look very profesional so I was confused for a second. Maybe with will work. Gunna make me restart my computer twice smh

dildobaggins

Estimable
Oct 18, 2014
Because I didn't know Asus would have the drivers on their site, I just built this pc like a week ago. And I didn't use any stupid ass driver programs. Installing the latest drivers didn't seem to work anyway. It still happens.