Question Realtek Drivers Completely Broken after BSOD

Jun 29, 2019
My Realtek Drivers stopped working after a BSOD, the Realtek HD Audio Manager was gone missing after the BSOD. I can hear HDMI and Bluetooth sound but any sound that is directly through AUX like a microphone doesn't work.
After the BSOD the Realtek High Definition Audio dissappeared from Device Manager too.
I cant remember the stopcode.
Things ive tried:
  • 2 Full Windows Reinstalls
  • Reinstalling Realtek Drivers
  • Updating Realtek Drivers
  • Legacy Install in Device Manager
  • I tried to boot Ubuntu live over a usb stick and it didnt work on there too.
  • Uninstalling Realtek Drivers and installing Nvidea drivers
  • Uninstalling Realtek Drivers and letting Windows install default Drivers
  • Completely Deleting all sound Drivers and installing Realtek drivers
Specs:
Processor: i5 8500 2.80GHz with 6 cores
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Motherboard: ASUS Prime 310M-K
Hard Drives: C:\ 120G SSD and D:\ 1TB HDD
RAM: 8GB
Ive been trying to fix this for about 2 Weeks now so i would be very happy for a solution :)

Jun 29, 2019
Yes you can get a PCIe sound card for your system, you have a few free PCIe 1x slots. Something in the $30 range is fine to get, no need to get fancy.
I have a lot of unused Computers in my basement, could i use a sound card from one of them or are the sound crad like different?

hang-the-9

Titan
I have a lot of unused Computers in my basement, could i use a sound card from one of them or are the sound crad like different?
Not likely, unless those are recent and have PCIe sound cards. Since you did not even know you could add a sound card to a system, it's not likely the ones you have have one you can use since you would have had to have bought a card for them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Audio 8
L Audio 3
4 Audio 2
Ephesius Audio 1
B Audio 1
C Audio 3
C Audio 1
R Audio 3
D Audio 4
TrackmaniaFan Audio 6
P Audio 5