Solved! Realtek problems Windows 10, left speaker not woriking (?)

Mar 29, 2018
So, my laptop's been acting out lately.. Both my internal speakers were working just fine, but since I did the last update of windows 10, the left speaker stoped working out of nowhere. It would make a sound, and then if I try to turn the volume up( ex. it was 16 and I wanted to make it at least 25) the sound just goes away. The first time after I turn the volume up, I get a slight crackling noise and then nothing.
I've tried uninstalling the driver, rolling back to an older version, using High definition audio, instead of the Realtek driver, but nothing seems to help. Troubleshooting option tells me everything's working fine. I tried to do a sfc scan, again - no mistakes. The option of me uninstalling the driver and going to my manufacturer's website for an update is nonexistent, since Samsung doesn't work well with Windows 10. The last updates from my manufacturer are for Windows 7, and their update tool gives me only options for windows 8 driver updates..

So, if anyone has an idea, I'm open to suggestions.
The system specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (2.90 GHz with Turbo Boost)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M - 2GB
HDD 500GB SATA
the audio driver is Realtek High Definition Audio version 6.0.1.8264
laptop model Samsung RC530

(p.s: it's definitely not a hardware problem, cause the speaker starts working out of nowhere and then stops, like 15 seconds after. That's it )

ragnar-gd

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
I would not rule out a hardware problem, as i've seen these things already, and failing hardware was the cause (cable, speakers, or soundcard, all equally possible, and the mechanical loudness-control being a major culprit).
You tested different drivers already, and that didn't help, so that points at a hw-problem as well.
Does that problem happen wth headphones as well?

Mar 29, 2018

No, the headphones work fine. What really bothers me is that the speaker makes a few sounds and then stops.. But yeah, I guess it could be a hardware problem. Maybe a loose cable or something that is not connected properly. I bought the laptop from some guy, and it was working great before, but he said he had changed the display some time ago, and I've noticed the left side of the laptop wasn't closed properly. So I was thinking maybe he disconnected something while changing the display, but the thing is I already tried to open the laptop and check if it was a hardware issue. I couldn't unscrew all the bolts. Don't know what he used but it was probably an electric screwdriver or whatever. idk what to do. But the laptop is not that new, so idk if it's worth it to take it somewhere for repair. But then again maybe I'd just need to change the speakers, I guess it won't cost that much.. Idk, I was hoping I could fix it with a magical driver, or some sort of a diagnostic tool or something, but I guess it won't work. I'm still hoping someone would suggest something else tbh

ragnar-gd

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
The quirky effect points at the (perhaps) wheel you control the loudness with. I have the same effect on my guitar-amp. There i could help myself by cleaning the contacts, which is by far more difficult with a laptop.

Mar 29, 2018

Yeah, I feel like that should try that if anything else doesn't work out. I'll go back to Windows 8, Apparently that's what would work best for my laptop