Receiver For Multiroom

philhood

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
I have multiroom speakers already installed in a home I bought I want to buy an amp and receiver so that I can run digital audio or FM or CD to the speakers and perhaps connect TV audio. What receiver and switchers are recommended? And should I look at going with a wireless system?

Solution
Since you have wired speakers you will need to use those wires to connect an amplifier. These wires should all go to one location in the house.
What kind of components you need depend on whether you want each room to operate independently.
You could get a stereo receiver if you wanted all the speaker to play the same thing. You would need an impedance matching speaker selector or volume controls to play more than 2 pair of speakers.
You can get a 2 or 3 zone surround sound receiver. It would have an app for wireless control and usually internet radio. You would need an impedance matching speaker selector or volume controls if you had more than two speakers in each zone. A bit complicated to use and has many useless features you would...
Since you have wired speakers you will need to use those wires to connect an amplifier. These wires should all go to one location in the house.
What kind of components you need depend on whether you want each room to operate independently.
You could get a stereo receiver if you wanted all the speaker to play the same thing. You would need an impedance matching speaker selector or volume controls to play more than 2 pair of speakers.
You can get a 2 or 3 zone surround sound receiver. It would have an app for wireless control and usually internet radio. You would need an impedance matching speaker selector or volume controls if you had more than two speakers in each zone. A bit complicated to use and has many useless features you would pay for since you don't need to switch video or do surround sound.
You could use Sonos or Heos audio components with a receiver or by themselves to set up the system. That would give you an easy to control system.
Too many options to get into here. If you aren't sure call a local custom installer and they will know what questions to ask so you get the functionality you need.

Solution

philhood

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017

Thanks, much. I have speakers in six locations but probably only need 2-3 zones so this is incredibly helpful. I have a home theater installer who is going to do the installation.