Receiving possible spam mail from xpadder

Joseph DeGarmo

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
During the last several hours, I received e-mail from expander regarding payments made and download links. But the mail was addressed to two different people under my e-mail address. I checked my credit card and bank accounts and found no transactions from xpadder . How do I stop this from happening and make sure that no one has hacked my Microsoft or credit card accounts?

Joseph DeGarmo

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
The transactions were made using Paypal accounts, but I did not find any record of any such transaction on my Paypal or bank account. I removed my bank account info from my Paypal account as a security measure. Should I also change my passwords for my Microsoft, Paypal, and bank accounts? I use Microsoft Outlook mail.

Joseph DeGarmo

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
But what if they come back? There are receipts from two different customers showing up on my e-mail inbox. How they got there, I don't know. Could it be that maybe my Microsoft account password was hacked? If this strange e-mail pops up again, then I'll change my Microsoft account password and keep checking my PayPal and bank accounts for fraudulent charges.