Recommend driver updating software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donline

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Hi folks,

Is there any driver updater software you can recommend?
(I was looking at using 'Driver Talent' from www.drivethelife.com).

Generally, is it a good idea to update drivers from the originals installed when you buy a laptop? Or am I possibly setting myself up for trouble?!

It looks like my wifi, graphics card and audio drivers are not up-to-date - does this matter?!

Thanks!

Solution
We don't recommend any such software here at THF. Totally unnecessary when you know what make & model your laptop or PC is (or motherboard make/model in the case of custom built desktops).

You'll find the latest drivers for your laptop on it's manufacturer's website, you just need your laptop model details.

However, if an existing driver is working okay it's best to leave it alone, don't get paranoid about the need to always have the latest drivers unless a particular driver is causing problems.
We don't recommend any such software here at THF. Totally unnecessary when you know what make & model your laptop or PC is (or motherboard make/model in the case of custom built desktops).

You'll find the latest drivers for your laptop on it's manufacturer's website, you just need your laptop model details.

However, if an existing driver is working okay it's best to leave it alone, don't get paranoid about the need to always have the latest drivers unless a particular driver is causing problems.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.