Solved! Recommendation for headphones/headset for hybrid use at home

yoaprz

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Hi There,
I used to own only a HyperX Cloud Core. I was okay with the features and comfort, but it felt too heaty in the ear cups when worn for long hours, and maybe a little too heavy. The noise isolation also felt too much for me. As my HyperX Cloud Core is getting worn off, I am trying to find a new headset or headphones + microphone, which I will use for both music listening and gaming. I will most likely plug the headphones or headset directly to the motherboard. I need it to be:
Possibly below US$200 or US$150. I want to limit the price to these, but I can stretch the budget if necessary.
Without good sound isolation.
Decent sound quality, I listen to most music genres.
Cannot be a headphone with an attachable microphone, my country (i.e. Singapore) does not sell many attachable microphones. Desktop microphones are fine.
Decent microphone quality.
Large ear cups. My ears are very large :p.
I am okay with open back headphones or closed back ones, though I prefer
No Philips headphones, My country does not offer those.

Currently I have some headphones in mind, no microphones in mind:
Corsair HS50/70
Sennheiser HD559
AKG K612 (its the price of my budget without microphones, I know)
Creative SoundBlasterX H6 (unreleased)

Other recommendations are appreciated! Thank you!

Solution
Creative and Razer products are on my don't buy list. I'd look into the AKG or the Sennheiser. You could also look into the Game one series of headsets.

yoaprz

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

I considered creative because it is cheaper in my country but yeah their headphones aren't really appealing to me. I am also considering the Sennheiser Game One, just waiting for a better price. Do you have other recommendations?