Record a dolby digital audio feed for playback on DVD-Audio

Apr 2, 2018
I'd like to take a Dolby Digital soundtrack that is playing off a Blu-ray player, Roku device, Apple TV, etc and record it to a multi-channel file, and then burn that audio file to a DVD-AUDIO disc using Cirlinca HD-Audio Solo (the latter part i have and know how to do). How do i get a 5.1 audio signal from the device that is playing the audio/video and record it to a file or directly to a DVD-AUDIO file?

Solution
Tthe HDMI output of all of these sources is HDCP encoded so you won't be able to get 5.1 digital audio via HDMI. I think the optical input on soundcards is limited to 2 channel but am not sure.
So the only option I can figure is to use an BD player like the Oppo that has an HDMI input and analog audio outputs. You would need a 6 channel audio interface to get the audio back into the PC.
Since what you want to do isn't really legal anyway you might as well download the video content and rip the audio off them.
Tthe HDMI output of all of these sources is HDCP encoded so you won't be able to get 5.1 digital audio via HDMI. I think the optical input on soundcards is limited to 2 channel but am not sure.
So the only option I can figure is to use an BD player like the Oppo that has an HDMI input and analog audio outputs. You would need a 6 channel audio interface to get the audio back into the PC.
Since what you want to do isn't really legal anyway you might as well download the video content and rip the audio off them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS