record from my tv via hdmi to dvd player that does not have hdmi

ahayes007

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
How can i record from my panasonic tv that has a hdmi port to my panasonic recordable dvd player with a scart socket no hdmi port

Solution

If you are using the TV with an antenna...

Does your TV had a video out port? If not, you can't record anything from the TV. Are you just using an antenna for the channels?

TVs don't have video outputs so you can't record from them. Don't think they ever did..
If you want to record over the air TV get a tuner with av outputs and connect that to the DVD recorder, If you have a stb then connect the recorder to that. HDMI is copy guarded so you won't find any recorders or video cards that allow you to bypass that.
You can stream just about any program online. If you are building an illegal collection of videos you might as well download them rather then record them.

ahayes007

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

i am not sure it is in my caravan i will look this weekend does my tv need IN or OUT port to send recordings to my dvd recorder i might have connected the ariel wrong. It is on the wall and heavy for me to take off my Grandson is coming to help me take it off the wall for me so i will hopefully get some answers on Sunday thank you for replying to my request just let me know what port i need on the tv thank you.Ann

If you are using the TV with an antenna directly on it, you either need to get a tuner, then connect that turner to the TV and the recorder or you need a video output on the TV to send the signal to the recorder. There are TVs with a monitor out but they are not common, you probably don't have the option.

Solution