Solved! RECOVER DELETED TEXTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2019
Trying to figure out how to get back deleted texts.
I was able to restore a lot of MMS messages sent through text (pictures & long messages that were converted to MMS) but I can't get actual text messages restored.

I read the "mega thread" about lost data and it says:

If you have lost your messages, you will need to contact your service provider and request them to resend them to you. Carriers keep copies of all messages sent and received on their servers for legal reasons ... Some carriers have the messages available for their users online, like Bell Mobility in Canada for example. Others, you will need to get a hold of them and request this service. They may charge a small fee.

I contacted my service provider, who happens to be Bell Mobility Canada, and the guy told me that I can only get the deleted messages by going through the police. I told him it says here that I can get the messages online through them...

In case somehow one of us didn't understand the other, can someone here tell me if there's a way I can see these messages online through my bell account? Or do they help you access it? (except according to the guy I talked to I need cops... maybe things have changed since the original thread??)

ALTERNATIVELY - any other advice/ideas?!
(Can you request the police's help even if you don't need them for LEGAL reasons? i.e I need them to support an employment insurance claim which, at the time I deleted these messages - out of anger - I didn't know I would need...#Regrets!)

Solution
It isn't through your account that you can access that you would get them and it is through your carrier/service provider. That said, some places don't like to admit that they have them for whatever amount of time, and even when they do, many will only give up the info, and the texts, if you get a court order for them. So say you were being harrassed or threatened and the messages were needed. You would need to get the above. Some carriers treat any request for said information as needing a court order. I get that they want to cover their bases so as to not get oh say sued if the information is given to someone it should be, but personally I think it is more to cover themselves from having to admit, in general, that they have the...
It isn't through your account that you can access that you would get them and it is through your carrier/service provider. That said, some places don't like to admit that they have them for whatever amount of time, and even when they do, many will only give up the info, and the texts, if you get a court order for them. So say you were being harrassed or threatened and the messages were needed. You would need to get the above. Some carriers treat any request for said information as needing a court order. I get that they want to cover their bases so as to not get oh say sued if the information is given to someone it should be, but personally I think it is more to cover themselves from having to admit, in general, that they have the messages, and other stuff.

You can try using data recovery software, but that is geared more towards full device data recovery than just messages. However it can't hurt to check it out. There are also programs and apps that claim to be able to recover messages, however I personally have not found any of those to be worth the hype/cost. Others may have different views.

In regards to data recovery...

While there is no guaranty that you can get them back. Deleted does mean deleted. There are a few apps/programs out there that 'may' be able to help you recover the data.

A few of the programs you could try would be... DiskDigger, MobiSaver, Android-Recovery and Tenorshare. They are all data recovery apps/programs. There are many others out there, so check around and see which you would rather try. There is also one called RECUVA, that I have heard is free, which you could try.

One important note though, most of these programs are not free. They may say they are "free" or have "Free Trials" and "Free Downloads". Yet to actually recover your data, and get your files back, you may be have to purchase the program/app. Just so you know.

NOTE: For future reference, I really would suggest backing up your data to a computer or cloud. Often. Better to spend the time doing that, rather than to be out all that stuff if the phone dies, things get deleted/erased or it gets stolen.

Solution
Apr 17, 2019
I tried to get mine back from Cricket my phone quit right after my husband passed away from Cricket because I wanted the last few voicemails and messages from him to listen to. But they said they don't save them! I referenced things like police records and the like but was told to contact an attorney! So freaking sad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.