Recovery media wont work

j rans

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015
I have a Toshiba satellite that i tried to put windows 7 on it (originally had windows 8). all it does is go to an error booting menu with options to start windows, well now it starts up with only windows logo and either restarts or takes me back to the same menu. i bought the recovery media but it wont show up on the laptop. i have a Toshiba satellite e55-a5114. please help

Solution
To use the recovery media you have place disc 1 in the CD drive then shut down.

Now press the power button and as soon as you see the Toshiba splash screen, press the F12 key and boot device menu will pop up.

Use up/down arrow keys to highlight the CD drive, then press <Enter>.

Laptop will now boot from the recovery media.
Follow the on-screen prompts and change discs when requested until recovery is complete.

As regards trying to put Windows 7 on it, you must not do that unless there are Windows 7 drivers for that model on the Toshiba website (laptop support area). Without specific Windows 7 drivers from Toshiba the hardware won't work properly if at all (vital things like graphics, sound, networking etc).
To use the recovery media you have place disc 1 in the CD drive then shut down.

Now press the power button and as soon as you see the Toshiba splash screen, press the F12 key and boot device menu will pop up.

Use up/down arrow keys to highlight the CD drive, then press <Enter>.

Laptop will now boot from the recovery media.
Follow the on-screen prompts and change discs when requested until recovery is complete.

As regards trying to put Windows 7 on it, you must not do that unless there are Windows 7 drivers for that model on the Toshiba website (laptop support area). Without specific Windows 7 drivers from Toshiba the hardware won't work properly if at all (vital things like graphics, sound, networking etc).

Solution