red blinking light on polaroid tv

thebeagle02

Estimable
May 29, 2014
I have a polaroid tv model p40lcd12 , and the power light just blinks continously but doesn't turn on. Does anyone know which capacitors need changing as I've looked on the power board and they all appear to be ok? ie none appear blown.

thebeagle02

Estimable
May 29, 2014
Manual just says seek technical advice!
I've looked online and generally seems to point towards power board and capacitors but I've looked at the board and they all appear fine (not blown or leaking) and all the soldering on the flipside appears to be excellent (none that even look dodgy)!
I've even checked the the main board but all appears good there.

thebeagle02

Estimable
May 29, 2014
Manual just says seek technical advice!
I've looked online and generally seems to point towards power board and capacitors but I've looked at the board and they all appear fine (not blown or leaking) and all the soldering on the flipside appears to be excellent (none that even look dodgy)!
I've even checked the the main board but all appears good there.

thebeagle02

Estimable
May 29, 2014
Was hoping that someone may have encountered this problem as polaroid tell me that the tv needs to be looked at by an approved repairer! Not really the help I need. Even I know that I can send it to a repairers! Thats defeating the object of me coming online to find answers!!!!!!!!!