Solved! Redirect virus HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfadlk

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hello,

Every time I clink on something I get a new tab opening an advertisement website, it’s annoying this issue has started 5 days back I am using AVG free antivirus and I ran a computer scan it says no viruses detected. Sometimes when I open the Browser after switching my PC on I get many filthy websites popped up. I am using Firefox I have never seen such issue before. I also tried chrome the same issue is happening there as well. I reinstalled Firefox but no effect I don’t know is this Redirect virus if so how to fix it am on Windows 10 please help me.

Solution
You need more than an anti-virus and certainly more than a free one. Go to www.malwarebytes.org and download the free version of MalwareBytes. Untick the option of a thirty day trial of the paid-for product - free will do you for now and if you need it again in the future, uninstall it go through this process again.

Run a full scan and let it remove anything it identifies as invasive or PUPs (potentially unpoular programmes) and restart the machine when it completes.
You need more than an anti-virus and certainly more than a free one. Go to www.malwarebytes.org and download the free version of MalwareBytes. Untick the option of a thirty day trial of the paid-for product - free will do you for now and if you need it again in the future, uninstall it go through this process again.

Run a full scan and let it remove anything it identifies as invasive or PUPs (potentially unpoular programmes) and restart the machine when it completes.

Solution

aford10

Distinguished

Ah, missed that minor detail. No, it isn't compatible with windows 10. Combofix is now FRST, and will run on windows 10.
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Status
Not open for further replies.