refubished hp stream 14 laptop, not tech savvy & don't know if its overheating/crashing

pmsingsquirrel

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
okay, first off let me start by saying I am not tech savvy at all, and I'd just like to know whether I should return this new computer or not. I bought a refurbished fanless HP Stream 14. Last night it started getting hot, the video playback got very choppy, and i had to shut it off and let it cool down because video playback was terrible and everything was slow and taking forever to load. It didn't burn me by any means, but it was definitely warm to the touch. I downloaded open hardware monitor and it stated my the core temps were 70c and 76c. Fast forward to today, my temps are at 50 to 60c while streaming video and surfing the web. took a screenshot of open hardware monitor http://imgur.com/a/9tLFC

Solution
Max of 76C if fine for a system at load. You are always taking a chance at buying a used system, so if it starts to not work properly and you are sure it's not an internet connection issue or just the fact that it's a slow laptop, return it.
Max of 76C if fine for a system at load. You are always taking a chance at buying a used system, so if it starts to not work properly and you are sure it's not an internet connection issue or just the fact that it's a slow laptop, return it.

Solution