Reliable ad blocker

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
Im looking for new ad blocker. Till now i was using Adblock plus with Google chrome, but there is this site that i have to use (because of work) that have really aggressive ads all over it. Itryed to add as many lists as possible to ABP so it can block them, manually added tons of elements to block and yet every time i refresh the page it still loads the ads. Tested Adguard and it worked even worse with that site :/ any other suggestions? Or it will be better if i just move to FF for better security

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
not working that good for me... when i try to access the site it says " you need JavaScript enabled to access this site" :/
I really hate that site but i cant get my boss to stop using it since its a mail and we get ~100 new mails daily and changing to another mail would cause major fall

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
well, the drawback on scriptsafe is that by default, it blocks ALL scripts on site. you need to allow scripts you deem safe, then reload and see what scripts said scripts load.
after a few reloads, the site should work normally.

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
As noted, it disables scripts on ALL sites and to get Tom's to work decently, you need to allow quite a lot of them.
So.. for personal use, I like it, if I would have to suggest it to someone who doesn't know about it... nah, allowing scripts on site by site basis is a lot of work.
That said, it likely isn't best thing to apply in this situation.

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
ok i think i found a way to make my own list exclusively aggressive against that site.... just look at this cout
fbf649da9b6dd3e4f706079ac4cfd55c.png