Remotely Select Music to Play on a Computer - Not Streaming Music

WolfLeader116

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014
Hello,
I've been trying to find a way to remotely select the music for my computer to play, without streaming music, but every suggestion involves streaming. Is there any way where I can say get on my laptop, and I can tell my desktop to play x file from it's own library? The laptop doesn't have the song, but the desktop has it stored on the hard drive. I just want a way to select files to play at a distance in a program such as Windows Media Player. Is there a program out there that can do that?
Thank you!

rjsq1989

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
A remote control program may be the solution.
Teamviewer is a good choice that you can use your laptop to control desktop remotely.
Install Teamviewer on both of your pcs. After doing so, you will get id and password for each installation. Remember the ones showing on your desktop.
Then follow these steps:

■ leave your desktop open and setup the power option to "never sleep";
    ■ open Teamviewer on your desktop before you leave your desktop;
    ■ open Teamviewer on your laptop, enter the id and password for your desktop;
    ■ establish a connection to your desktop, you can control your desktop remotely and select music to play.

You can download Teamviewer from Download Page

WolfLeader116

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014
Thank you for your answers, I ended up finding something called MusicBee Remote, which allowed me to remotely control MusicBee running on my desktop from my phone. I can't connect from my laptop, but at least it works from my phone, and the UI for MusicBee is great. Plus it's free.