Remove laptop screen entirely (can i cut wires?)

deejved

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Hi guys!
My laptop screen (acer aspire 5334) broke and i want to use laptop connected to the external monitor, and without laptops lcd. i removed lcd alright, but now video cable, cable for inverter and two long wires (one black and one blue) which were attached to the back of lcd cover (plastic behind lcd screen) are sticking out. im afraid to cut them, bcs it could be wifi or smthing like that. so.. can i cut video cable, inverter cable and those two wire (black and white, and on the end they are just attached to some little iron plate (black one has hers and white one has hers iron plate) they werent connected to lcd or anything. is it wifi? please advice me what do to.. i dont want those wires to stick out.

So what can i do? Cut the wires and it will be fine? Or i shouldnt cut them? if its wifi (black and white wires) then i would be fcked up if i cut them.. and what can i do if i shallnt cut them? Please help guys!

Thank you

deejved

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

Hi Brett, thanks for information! what about video cable +inverter cable. can i cut these? i dont want to risk anything.. so if i cut them and the computer wont work on ext monitor anymore or smthing like that.. then im scr*wed up.
Ill try to tuck those wifi wires somewhere and will put some ducktape so they will stay put.

Hi :)

Just UNPLUG the little white connector where it goes INTO the inverter then you can remove inverter...

The Screen cable you can disconnect at either the screen end and tuck it away or motherboard end and throw it away... DO NOT CUT IT though...

All the best Brett :)

Gundy

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
One more things about those Wi-Fi cables. They are actually your antenna, so if you ball them up and tuck them away somewhere your Wi-Fi performance might be negatively affected. If you're close to your access point or switching to wired, no problem. If you start noticing that your Wi-Fi sucks just unroll the cables.

And like Brett said, do not cut any cables, just unplug them. If you cut them you risk creating a short which could ruin your day real quick.

Madzapple

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
Hey guys. I just did this same thing but umm...cut the wires...and computer went bust. Any solutions to get it going again? Can I unplug it inside the laptop and it will work again?