onlyfloorplans

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Hi,

We make 3D interiors of houses using 3D Max and render with V-Ray. We also use BavkBurner for render Q but, it doesnt work.

Can anyone please give me guidance on how to set up the render farm so that the Q manager works and multiple jobs can be Q'ed and worked on automatically?

Our system consists of Intem
1x Core i5 PC, 2.66 3GB ram.
3 x Intel Core 2 duo E2160 1.8 GHz PC's, with 3GB ram each.
1x pentium Dual E2140 1.6 2GB ram.
4 x pentium 4 2.4 2GB ram.
1x Intel celeron 2.4 GHz with 1.5 GB ram.

The render manager is a P4 2.26.

So, we have enough rendering power but we can not set up to render the single frame images using all of the render pc's....and we can not get the Q to work properly.

We do have a 1GB hub...

Any advise will be helpful...

Thanks.
Darren

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
I'm not sure exactly what network capabilities your software needs as I don't know anything about setting up a render farm.

I'll make an assumption and guess that with it being graphics intensive? that there needs to be alot of traffic being passed simultaneously around the network.

There is one weak point that my untrained eye can detect, and that is the use of a hub. Hubs are almost obsolete now with switches being the preference, especially for large data distribution between multiple devices.

If you google Hub vs Switch you will be able to see why hubs are slowly disappearing. I know this isn't exactly the answer you are looking for but I think it is a step in the right direction for your networking needs.