Rendering issues & Audio sync problems

jcsupercell

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
So I'm rendering a youtube video and I keep getting issues with audio syncing, the video lags behind the audio whenever it renders in sony vegas and its not like this whenever I record it off my webcam, but when I try to edit it ends up with audio and video sync issues and it's getting EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

Solution
Per the website:

Tech Specs:

We've got great things planned for VEGAS Pro – and we're sure you have too. That's why we have developed VEGAS Pro 15 to make it as intuitive as possible in terms of operation and have optimized it to work on all standard professional systems. For optimal performance, we recommend the following minimum system requirements.

System Requirements
Operating system: Microsoft® Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit)
Processor: 2 GHz (multicore or multiprocessor recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D; 8 cores recommended for 4K)
RAM: 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
Hard drive space: 1.5 GB hard-disk space for program installation; Solid-state disk...
What rendering software are you using? What Operating System? Any thing else running in the background: AV checks, backups, updates, etc.?

Does your system meet the minimal hardware requirements for the rendering software?

And "minimal" tends to be a measurement at which the software will work but the functionality is likely to be impaired.

Check the software specs.

Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Performance Monitor will help identify any existing bottlenecks.

Could be a matter of CPU power, memory, disk speed, etc.. Graphics card - may be pressing the PSUs capabilities. Especially if an older PSU.

jcsupercell

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017

I'm using sony vegas pro 13, with nothing else running and here are my pc specs:
23559517_1465017086946584_3286020812073450009_n.jpg

Per the website:

Tech Specs:

We've got great things planned for VEGAS Pro – and we're sure you have too. That's why we have developed VEGAS Pro 15 to make it as intuitive as possible in terms of operation and have optimized it to work on all standard professional systems. For optimal performance, we recommend the following minimum system requirements.

System Requirements
Operating system: Microsoft® Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit)
Processor: 2 GHz (multicore or multiprocessor recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D; 8 cores recommended for 4K)
RAM: 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
Hard drive space: 1.5 GB hard-disk space for program installation; Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media
Graphics card: Supported NVIDIA®, AMD/ATI® or Intel® GPU with at least 512 MB of memory (1 GB recommended for 4K and GPU-accelerated video processing)

[Reference: http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/specifications/#product]

Does your graphics card meet the specs? What disk drive are you using?

What do you see in Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Performance Monitor?

Any component on your system showing a high % of use while rendering is likely to be the bottleneck.... Memory and CPU appear ok with respect to the required specs. But you must go into the details. E.g., 8 GB of slow RAM may not match 4 GB of fast RAM.

Details matter.

Solution