Repair or replace a motherboard?

Boinger

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hello,

I have an old HP Mini 210, and it looks like I just killed the mainboard (side effect of other repairs--yay!) I can't get it to POST even completely stripped down. I get fans/LEDs on, but even the LCD backlight/VGA output don't do anything.

Is it worth chasing a "new" mobo on ebay--they're about $50? Could I look for a different (better/cheaper) alternative? Or should I just admit defeat and go shopping for a new netbook?

Thanks!

Solution
First off.. Unless your a certified professional. Please don't tinker with a laptop motherboard. Let the manufacture do that. Only mess with RAM and Hard drive.

Now since your motherboard is no good. and You can't really replace the motherboard unless you get one with the EXACT same CPU and board.. you just need to accept defeat and get a new netbook. Its not that bad of a deal really

Rockdpm

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
First off.. Unless your a certified professional. Please don't tinker with a laptop motherboard. Let the manufacture do that. Only mess with RAM and Hard drive.

Now since your motherboard is no good. and You can't really replace the motherboard unless you get one with the EXACT same CPU and board.. you just need to accept defeat and get a new netbook. Its not that bad of a deal really

Solution