Repaired laptop no longer recogonises USB

daveb83

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
Hi all.

hope this is the right plce to get the solution to my problem?

Got my Hp G62 fixed after i stood on the screen. just got the screen replaced nothing more.

Now my Devices that use USB ie, iphone, internet dongle, and flash memory no longer work.

I tried said devices in a different laptop and they work fine. When I insert a friends external hardrive and flash memory in to my 'fixed' laptop they work as normal.

What could have caused this problem and is there an easy fix? Would updting my drives make any difference?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

check in the bios that there turned on..never know if the guy repairing your laptop change a setting on you. also try download the newest chipset drivers to see if you have a damaged usb driver. (may have to boot into safe mode and remove the usb hub and then reboot and let windows reinstall it. the usb chipset is built into the mb..if it not software then it could be the chipset or a short.

daveb83

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
HI Smorizio,

Surely the fact that any new drives i attach work (after windows installs the new hardware) would suggest that the usbs are working. I wouldnt be too confident in delving in to the bios to mess around with it. Other than updating drives what else could i do.