Repairing disk errors 'loop'

jack_204

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
I have had to use a usb with windows 10 on it to boot my laptop. I have now been stuck on 'repairing disk errors' nearly all day. Is there any way i can get off this screen without damaging my laptop.

Asus notebook x555la
Windows 10 OP
Intel i7 processor

Solution
Hi there jack_204,

Why would you use that Win 10 USB?
Well, it is always best to just wait for it. Yet, at one point, you may need to interrupt the process.
After that, you can try to run start up repair. If this doesn't really help, and if you have some data stored on the drive, you can:
- Use some data recovery tool for DOS mode, so you can recovery your data, and perform a clean OS installation afterwards. Once you do that, it may be a good idea to test the drive with a brand specific testing tool.
- Take the drive out of laptop, attach it to another computer, retrieve the data and test the drive.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there jack_204,

Why would you use that Win 10 USB?
Well, it is always best to just wait for it. Yet, at one point, you may need to interrupt the process.
After that, you can try to run start up repair. If this doesn't really help, and if you have some data stored on the drive, you can:
- Use some data recovery tool for DOS mode, so you can recovery your data, and perform a clean OS installation afterwards. Once you do that, it may be a good idea to test the drive with a brand specific testing tool.
- Take the drive out of laptop, attach it to another computer, retrieve the data and test the drive.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution

trynity99

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016

I have the exact same problem, right now i am trying this.
turn off laptop.
turn on and immediately do ALT F10 at the same time, keep pressing until you will see a "Wait" message,
then wait between 5 to maybe 10 minutes and you will finally will see a blue screen with recovery and repair options.

I am still working to fix my new Acer R5 laptop but after 3 days i finally was able to get that Blue screen with all the repair options.
Hope it helps

TRENDING THREADS