Replaced Battery, Battery Light still flashing

Freestyler323

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
I have an Asus N53 notebook which is now a few years old. The original battery kept charge for about 2 minutes, so I decided to buy a replacement of the net. I settled on a generic ebay battery replacement, which had good reviews both on ebay and elsewhere on the internet. I noticed that when I replaced the two battery’s that the little red LED light that warns of low battery level was still flashing even when the new battery was installed. I thought nothing of it as I didn’t really care that much.

Over the weekend I wanted to use the laptop away from the mains, but unfortunately the laptop went dead after about 4 minutes, and wouldn’t switch back on till it got some mains power.

Its entirely possible I have a faulty replacement battery or I am involved in the great ebay laptop battery skimskam of 2016, but is there some kind of setting I need to reset in Windows or the BIOS in prep for a new battery?

Solution
Any 3rd party battery will be of iffy quality. Also read the battery manual, most new batteries I have seen require you go charge them up fully, then drain them several times, and also check your power management utility for a "battery reset" option. To drain the battery, run a benchmark like 3DMark or Prime 95 with screen brightness on full.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a test with the AC adapter as well.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up normally.
- If the AC adapter is working properly, do a battery calibration as well.
- Here's how: http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2342991/calibrate-battery-windows-laptops.html
- If all these will not work unfortunately you'll need to replace the battery. :(
- Here's a replacement battery for your laptop.
- http://www.amazon.com/LB1-High-Performance-Battery-A32-M50/dp/B00AZP0W7Q

Any 3rd party battery will be of iffy quality. Also read the battery manual, most new batteries I have seen require you go charge them up fully, then drain them several times, and also check your power management utility for a "battery reset" option. To drain the battery, run a benchmark like 3DMark or Prime 95 with screen brightness on full.

Solution