Replaced keyboard won't type 'qweruiop'

Dan_121

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
Latitude E7450.
Spilled coffee on keyboard. Replaced and most keys work. Only "QWERUIOP" fail to type. Replaced again, but same exact problem from both replacements.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Dan_121

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
Thanks, but won't work.
It's a corporate machine. I took it to IT. They asked what happened and I told the truth. They handed it back and said "You should have bought the extended warranty."

It's my daily driver, so I can't send it away. It has corporate software and protections, so I can't use a temporary replacement. Using the OnScreen keyboard for meetings is really a pain.

Looking at the pattern of bad keys leads me to believe it is all connected somewhere.

Dan_121

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
Thanks jarotech.
I did try contact cleaner before I changed out the keyboard. It had a minor improvement. A few keys worked that weren't working before. And I cleaned the cable connections a couple of times when I replaced the keyboard. Unfortunately, these eight keys remain bad.

At my desk, I have a dock and a USB keyboard and mouse. I just find it a pain to drag the keyboard around for meetings. I may have a small keyboard that will work in a pinch, but I would still like to fix this if I can.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 3
BY73M3 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 8
I Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 3