Good day everybody; I've enjoyed these forums for a while, and now need some specific help! I recently replaced the screen on an ASUS G752VL ROG laptop due to an unfortunate event that cracked my previous screen. Now, it seems that I can only get an image on the screen if I disconnect it and reconnect it after boot.
- The screen is completely blank through the splash, then is backlit with no image when the OS would be up.
- An external monitor displays everything normally.
- The old screen displays normally (except for the obvious crack).
- If I reboot, and disconnect, then reconnect the screen after the boot sequence, it comes up fine. However, once I boot again, I end up with the same symptoms.
- Attempted disconnecting the battery (a pain since ASUS embeds the battery in the laptop so you have to remove the keyboard to get to it) and such. No change.
- I didn't figure it was BIOS or drivers since the external displays normally, but I tried the typical resets anyways, just in case. No change.