Replacing male mini usb b with a 3.5 mm stereo plug on earphones.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I have a Motorola earphone with a mini usb b connector after cutting of the connector i found 6 wires inside it
red.green,black,white and what seems like two pair of copper wires one is a bit orangish and other is silverish so i'm assuming that red is right channel audio green is left channel audio and the orangish copper is ground because when i had soldered a stereo jack on a non usb earphones that was the case and before i soldered them i use to check them just by wrapping them around their respective holes and checking audio through a phone or mp3 player but with this one I'm not getting any audio.

The black wire I'm guessing is mic but I can't figure out what the white and silverish copper wire is.
If someone can point out what I am doing wrong then I'd appreciate it. In hindsight I wonder if i should have created this thread before cutting of the mini usb connector of the earphones.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I ended up removing the left and right speakers from the controller board and soldered them on a new wire with a trs plug and it's working pretty great.

If someone has a better way for achieving something like this then please post it as it might be helpful to someone else reading this.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
That's pretty sad anyways is there some kind of female usb mini b to male 3.5mm plug any of y'all are aware of because searching online I wasn't able to find anything.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
@americanaudiophile I was actually doing just that trying to get sound from the earphones it's like you can see me how the hell did you know that I was playing with the wires?

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I ended up removing the left and right speakers from the controller board and soldered them on a new wire with a trs plug and it's working pretty great.

If someone has a better way for achieving something like this then please post it as it might be helpful to someone else reading this.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Audio 0
A Audio 7
easyrdr Audio 4
A Audio 5
B Audio 1
Y Audio 1
dankcik09 Audio 3
F Audio 2
I Audio 1
D Audio 1