Replacing male mini usb b with a 3.5 mm stereo plug on earphones.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I have a Motorola earphone with a mini usb b connector after cutting of the connector i found 6 wires inside it
cMxEEb
red.green,black,white and what seems like two pair of copper wires one is a bit orangish and other is silverish so i'm assuming that red is right channel audio green is left channel audio and the orangish copper is ground because when i had soldered a stereo jack on a non usb earphones that was the case and before i soldered them i use to check them just by wrapping them around their respective holes and checking audio through a phone or mp3 player but with this one I'm not getting any audio.

The black wire I'm guessing is mic but I can't figure out what the white and silverish copper wire is.
If someone can point out what I am doing wrong then I'd appreciate it. In hindsight I wonder if i should have created this thread before cutting of the mini usb connector of the earphones.

Solution
I ended up removing the left and right speakers from the controller board and soldered them on a new wire with a trs plug and it's working pretty great.

If someone has a better way for achieving something like this then please post it as it might be helpful to someone else reading this.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
@americanaudiophile I was actually doing just that trying to get sound from the earphones it's like you can see me how the hell did you know that I was playing with the wires?

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I ended up removing the left and right speakers from the controller board and soldered them on a new wire with a trs plug and it's working pretty great.

If someone has a better way for achieving something like this then please post it as it might be helpful to someone else reading this.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

Solution