Report: iPad 3 Design is the Same as the iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
So what? The whole point of these upgrades is to improve the hardware. There is no need to whine about how the design didn't change, it looks and works well as it is.

G

Not sure they need to do much of a redesign, it's form factor and aesthetics still work well. I think it would be quite successful just updating the internals and putting in a higher resolution screen if they also provide a killer software application to highlight those changes.

The iPhone 4s was not much of an upgrade in the standard sense, but with Siri it shines over the iPhone 4.

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Good, i hope so. I always hate when a new form factor is produced. There are never any good cases or accessories at launch.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]polly the parrot[/nom]Since when does Apple ever do anything new?[/citation]

Huh? What is that about. How many times did the Samsung Galaxy design completely change or what about the Droid. Motorola, Samsung, and HTC recycles designs over and over and over again with just improvements in the underline hardware and the software and in some cases not even the software. Cmon man, the IPAD 2 is designed well, sells well, performs well and dominates it's space.

They really do not have to do a design change, introduce Siri, put some new hardware under the hood, add a Retina display and the thing will sell tons no problem.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
"it was basically just a copy of the iPhone 4 with some minor hardware upgrades."

I'm not sure what you mean by "minor". The CPU, GPU, memory, and camera saw significant upgrades on the 4S, even though the exterior was virtually identical to the iPhone 4.

jiangyi

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
I would've thought Apple would change the design at least a little bit after all the complaints about how easily the back of the iPad scratches and begins to look bad compared to their competitors.

amdfangirl

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 7, 2008
We're so used to Apple being at the forefront of aesthetic design, any non-major change becomes unheard of.

Being the market leader is hard to innovate, you're thinking of the ideas.

Apple products need that reason to upgrade. That new feature nobody has heard of.

There's only so much you can do. You can't retina or siri twice.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]So what? The whole point of these upgrades is to improve the hardware. There is no need to whine about how the design didn't change, it looks and works well as it is.[/citation]

for normal people yes, for Mac people a design change is not happening is close getting of bulldozer instead of an Ivy Bridge.

G

big news, apple products look the same as the previous. there is no innovation in the design department.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Not sure they need to do much of a redesign, it's form factor and aesthetics still work well. I think it would be quite successful just updating the internals and putting in a higher resolution screen if they also provide a killer software application to highlight those changes. The iPhone 4s was not much of an upgrade in the standard sense, but with Siri it shines over the iPhone 4.[/citation]

Except the Apple apologists tries to cover for the shortcomings of siri by emphasizing it's BETA. So all sides can agree that 4s is the iphone 4 with test software.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]Except the Apple apologists tries to cover for the shortcomings of siri by emphasizing it's BETA. So all sides can agree that 4s is the iphone 4 with test software.[/citation]

Yeah, the iPhone 4s is the iphone 4 with test software... oh and a better camera, faster memory, and the small matter of what REMAINS the fastest CPU/GPU combination in any phone ever made.

xizel

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
what is see is toms becoming mediocre like most of iphone and ipad users that just buy it for the bling and show off.
The only thing disappointing about this news is that its on toms.

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Apple's marketing dept. will just say it's sexier and it will sell. As if most iSheep cares about what's inside. As long as it has new name, they'd buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.