Report: Verizon to Get Apple iPhone Lite, Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Yet another thing to pay +200 dollars for because of apple tax.

Joy.

Lets see, we have ipod, ipod nano... itouch, iphone and now the itablet or whatever.

Can apple not just make ONE product that does it all? oh, wait, that's right I forgot about the apple tax.

Sorry, but this is getting ridiculous IMO..

[/rant}

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
my question is wether or not that tablet device would run snow leopard or some version of the iphone OS. the way they portray it here makes it look like an iphone OS, but if your going to have it do all that why not just throw the regular mac OS X on it? I wanna put windows 7 on it and see how that would go, though if they go with an ARM type archetecture for the hardware then the iphone OS might be the only option other than open source

G

I cannot wait for the iToilet. Then you will be able to place your money directly in the bowl and flush it without having to leave the house. Upon purchasing the iToilet, Apple will reroute your plumbling directly to a new wing at Apple headquarters call iBank. Each time they receive your iDonation, Apple will send you an iTard app for whatever iDevice you specify. Whenever you activate iTard it will start playing very loudly the following sound..."DUH!!!" This will alert anyone within earshot that an Apple cult member is on the way and will give them ample time to vacate the area and hide their children.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]There is an Apple in my butt[/nom]I cannot wait for the iToilet. Then you will be able to place your money directly in the bowl and flush it without having to leave the house. Upon purchasing the iToilet, Apple will reroute your plumbling directly to a new wing at Apple headquarters call iBank. Each time they receive your iDonation, Apple will send you an iTard app for whatever iDevice you specify. Whenever you activate iTard it will start playing very loudly the following sound..."DUH!!!" This will alert anyone within earshot that an Apple cult member is on the way and will give them ample time to vacate the area and hide their children.[/citation]
god, that made my day.

Epic win.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]The_One111[/nom]Yet another thing to pay +200 dollars for because of apple tax.Joy.Lets see, we have ipod, ipod nano... itouch, iphone and now the itablet or whatever.Can apple not just make ONE product that does it all? oh, wait, that's right I forgot about the apple tax.Sorry, but this is getting ridiculous IMO.. [/rant}[/citation]
Man aren't choices horrible!! They should just give us one option.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]norbs[/nom]Man aren't choices horrible!! They should just give us one option.[/citation]
Thing is, so far, they have all done pretty much the same things. I mean sure they added video and games with the itouch, they phone with the iphone. But COME ON. now we have a Iphone lite? What is that? I mean...

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]There is an Apple in my butt[/nom]I cannot wait for the iToilet. Then you will be able to place your money directly in the bowl and flush it without having to leave the house. Upon purchasing the iToilet, Apple will reroute your plumbling directly to a new wing at Apple headquarters call iBank. Each time they receive your iDonation, Apple will send you an iTard app for whatever iDevice you specify. Whenever you activate iTard it will start playing very loudly the following sound..."DUH!!!" This will alert anyone within earshot that an Apple cult member is on the way and will give them ample time to vacate the area and hide their children.[/citation]

the best post ever.....made me laugh my a** off. Nice.

ehenry818

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
There's an apple in my butt
-----------------------------
Thank you for that comic relief. Made my day.

This makes me wonder. The article a few days ago said the do not want to make a crap machine for the netbook market. So how are they going to make a "Tablet" that will not cost an arm and a leg?

I mean I guess if your a hardcore mac lover, you will spend the 1800.00 fot the iblet. They will probaby put the Iphone os on it, but they will call it something magical Like isuper ehanced mac mobile with ithrust. It will be the same as an Iphone but much bigger. It will look like one of those huge remotes that are a joke. The Iblet will be 7inches wide by 10 inches high and you have to hold the iblet up to your ear to use as a phone. It will not work with normal blue toothe. They will have the iToothe, that will only work with specail mac branded headsets that will start at 300 a pop.
They will also have Ips instead of GPS. That service will cost 150/month.
And all mactards will tell you, its built with love and quality and its worth every penny. If it cost all this money it has to be good.

And if I may use the iquote, Verizon will offer a special Iprice of all the special Itards out there.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
I'm just waiting for Apple to officially release data on the new "iJoke" they are working on. This thing is going to revolutionize the entire electronics industry!! The greatest thing about it, aside from all the 1st generation never before seen technology built into it, is that it'll retail for a mediocre $1,599! It only requires a 3 year contract, and will only be provided through the GM backed OnStar service. So you can only use it if you drive a GM made vehicle.

ehenry818

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
For anyone who is not sure what an itard is click on the following link for a description
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=itard

My favorite explination is:

One who continues to purchase items such as the ipod, and will be purchasing future items such as the iphone because they are mindless sheep. Instead of actually doing research on said items they will wander to the nearest best buy and fork out 400 dollars for an outdated ipod because they don't realize there are other options out there. The itard is so ignorant, that they will ask you if you have an ipod rather than asking if you have an mp3 player. Continuing this trend eventually itard's will believe that music spawns from ipods and owning anything else will be a strange and frightening experience for them.
Apple could bring back 8 tracks and these morons would still buy it.
itard: "Dude, what kind of ipod is that?"
Person with a brain: "It's not an ipod, its a zen, now get away from me you fucking heathen".

itard: "Dude, i can't wait for the iphone. Finally i can play music on my phone!".
Person 2 with a brain: "Yeah, phones have been doing that for about 3 years now. Now quit drooling and get back to making my fries".

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ehenry818[/nom]There's an apple in my butt-----------------------------Thank you for that comic relief. Made my day.This makes me wonder. The article a few days ago said the do not want to make a crap machine for the netbook market. So how are they going to make a "Tablet" that will not cost an arm and a leg?I mean I guess if your a hardcore mac lover, you will spend the 1800.00 fot the iblet. They will probaby put the Iphone os on it, but they will call it something magical Like isuper ehanced mac mobile with ithrust. It will be the same as an Iphone but much bigger. It will look like one of those huge remotes that are a joke. The Iblet will be 7inches wide by 10 inches high and you have to hold the iblet up to your ear to use as a phone. It will not work with normal blue toothe. They will have the iToothe, that will only work with specail mac branded headsets that will start at 300 a pop. They will also have Ips instead of GPS. That service will cost 150/month. And all mactards will tell you, its built with love and quality and its worth every penny. If it cost all this money it has to be good.And if I may use the iquote, Verizon will offer a special Iprice of all the special Itards out there.[/citation]

get the iDildo out your iAnus.

ehenry818

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
get the iDildo out your iAnus

Wow how long did it take you to come up with that. Another intelligent comment from the ipanel of itards.

Go drive your hybrid back to startbucks, and drink your overpriced toliet water, and sit with your other itard buddies and talk about how great your 30,000 hybrid is.
And how people who buy cars for half that price and still get 30-35 mpg just aren't as green as you. And how pc users just don't understand that your paying for quality with a 2000.00 mac when you can pay 1/3 of the price for a pc. All as you suck back your 5.00 starbucks coffee that is actually rated as one of the worst coffee's around. But it 5.00 and its call Venti so it must be as worthy as Mac and a Hybrid.

Macintosh, Hybrid and Starbucks are all indian words for, Gullible Sucker

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
wow jealous much?

Lets see, Apple releases a product, The entire electronics industry tries to copy them.
Apple released Iphone, now everybody is making these touch web browsing phones.
Apple released the Ipod, now everybody is making these click wheel designed mp3 players with color screen and does video
Apple created the Imac, now Dell is coming up with an all in one desktop.

this so called "apple tax" should really be an "Extra money before everyone else copies our cool design"

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ehenry818[/nom]get the iDildo out your iAnusWow how long did it take you to come up with that. Another intelligent comment from the ipanel of itards. Go drive your hybrid back to startbucks, and drink your overpriced toliet water, and sit with your other itard buddies and talk about how great your 30,000 hybrid is. And how people who buy cars for half that price and still get 30-35 mpg just aren't as green as you. And how pc users just don't understand that your paying for quality with a 2000.00 mac when you can pay 1/3 of the price for a pc. All as you suck back your 5.00 starbucks coffee that is actually rated as one of the worst coffee's around. But it 5.00 and its call Venti so it must be as worthy as Mac and a Hybrid.Macintosh, Hybrid and Starbucks are all indian words for, Gullible Sucker[/citation]
I'm guessing that your PC helped you deduce all stuff about me...

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Kingssman[/nom]wow jealous much?Lets see, Apple releases a product, The entire electronics industry tries to copy them.Apple released Iphone, now everybody is making these touch web browsing phones.Apple released the Ipod, now everybody is making these click wheel designed mp3 players with color screen and does videoApple created the Imac, now Dell is coming up with an all in one desktop.this so called "apple tax" should really be an "Extra money before everyone else copies our cool design"[/citation]

What are you talking about they are not iPhone clones they are "iPhone killers" all you did is sprinkle newer technology release the product and pray the software makes itself. So basically say you have a iPhone with a 412 MHzcpu, you get a 600MHz CPU, add a touch screen and make a cool commercial with Jim from the office in, finally you put software one it that looks nice but since the programming sucks it run likes a 150mhz CPU and viola! blackberry storm!

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Kingssman[/nom]wow jealous much?Lets see, Apple releases a product, The entire electronics industry tries to copy them.Apple released Iphone, now everybody is making these touch web browsing phones.Apple released the Ipod, now everybody is making these click wheel designed mp3 players with color screen and does videoApple created the Imac, now Dell is coming up with an all in one desktop.this so called "apple tax" should really be an "Extra money before everyone else copies our cool design"[/citation]

Yeah apple copys stuff thats already out that is normaly better then they make thier not so good version but for some reason people care and other companys come out and make one that doesnt suck but now apple has spent millions making people want it. awesome.. there is a reason for apple though its defanitly not for good products.

Houndsteeth

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Sometimes, price is only one part of the equation. And for those of you who don't do Apple, more power to you. Roll your own. But God please don't install Windows and expect me to respect you in the morning. Nope. Go find a nice posix distro and install, cause you are still jumping off a bridge like 90% of the world if you are still doing Windows.

For myself, I will play on the frankenboxen I make, but if I need to get some serious work done, I will fire up the Apple because I would rather work and get paid than work on my computer before I can work to get paid. I do that kinda stuff on my freetime, but not when someone is paying me on the clock. I have four servers (two Linux, one running MySQL and another with PostgreSQL, one FreeBSD that handles all my SFTP, web and fileserving needs and one Win 2K8 Server that I use as a reference for MS-SQL and Oracle), but my workstation is a Mac Pro loaded to the gills, working in Dreamweaver, Komodo IDE, Adobe Creative Suite and the Xcode development toolbox.

I do not own a Prius, or Honda Insight. Nope. I own a Nissan 300Z and a Toyota Sienna. Hell, I'm not even all that green. I recycle when i think about it, I mow my lawn with a gas mower on Sundays just like everyone else. But I use Apple products (Mac Pro, iPhone, iPod, MacBook Pro) on a daily basis, both for work and pleasure. And it has afforded me a comfortable lifestyle.

andy_newton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Dear Editor,

That's not a mock up, it's Axiotron Modbook built from Macbook White and Steve Wozniak himself is involved within its development. Please don't just mislead us with irresponsible remarks as if we're some kind of outdated English professors you can fool around like back in college.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Houndsteeth[/nom]Sometimes, price is only one part of the equation. And for those of you who don't do Apple, more power to you. Roll your own. But God please don't install Windows and expect me to respect you in the morning. Nope. Go find a nice posix distro and install, cause you are still jumping off a bridge like 90% of the world if you are still doing Windows.For myself, I will play on the frankenboxen I make, but if I need to get some serious work done, I will fire up the Apple because I would rather work and get paid than work on my computer before I can work to get paid. I do that kinda stuff on my freetime, but not when someone is paying me on the clock. I have four servers (two Linux, one running MySQL and another with PostgreSQL, one FreeBSD that handles all my SFTP, web and fileserving needs and one Win 2K8 Server that I use as a reference for MS-SQL and Oracle), but my workstation is a Mac Pro loaded to the gills, working in Dreamweaver, Komodo IDE, Adobe Creative Suite and the Xcode development toolbox.I do not own a Prius, or Honda Insight. Nope. I own a Nissan 300Z and a Toyota Sienna. Hell, I'm not even all that green. I recycle when i think about it, I mow my lawn with a gas mower on Sundays just like everyone else. But I use Apple products (Mac Pro, iPhone, iPod, MacBook Pro) on a daily basis, both for work and pleasure. And it has afforded me a comfortable lifestyle.[/citation]

Agreed I only own a hackintosh and that's how i feel about both my other pc's and they both have way better hardware.

I have a Dell d620 laptop( 2 ghz, 2gb ram and a nvidia quadro 64MB) running osx and i use it a lot more then my home built computer (e8400 at 4ghz and 4gb ram and ati 4870) which i use mainly for games. I find my windows box works better when it is there just for games and i don't touch it much. The OSX box is reliable whatever i do on it. I only ran into one bug in the OS and I have a feeling it's just related to the box being a hackintosh. It tends to not want to connected to my wireless 10% of the time if i have the SSID hidden. But again i don't know if it would be a problem if I had a real apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.