ayon03_cena

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
Good day to all members. I badly need help. I upgraded my Laptop Asus X453MA to Windows 10. After 15 days, my PC got infected by a virus. I decided to reset the laptop and after that, my restore files has been deleted and I cannot restore it to it's Original OS, (Windows 8.1 with Bing).
- It's asking me for an installation media of Windows 8.1 with Bing, which I don't have. Can't find it on Microsoft website either.

Now I have installed a Windows 8.1 N (Downloaded it from Microsoft and was able to find a generic product code online) on my computer and now it's running fine ; however, it is not the Genuine Windows and I cannot upgrade it to Windows 10 again. I've brought it to the Asus Service Center and they said I have to pay for the restoration. It sucks, because in the first place they should be giving installation medias for back up. Guys please help me. I want to restore the Original OS of my laptop. I'm losing hope :(

Additional Information and Questions:
* I found out Online that the product key is embedded in the BIOS.
- Question is, will I still be able to get the product key using a Product key extractor even I have a different Windows version now?

Any help will be so much appreciated, god bless you guys. Thank you in advance.

ayon03_cena

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015

I found a link online that has a Windows 8.1 with Bing Installation media, do you think I can use this to restore my OEM's OS? Or the product key in my BIOS automatically activates it?

Here's the link: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/56755-Windows-8-1-with-Bing-AKA-CoreConnected-CCSL-and-ProfessionalStudent-OEM-images

MANY THANKS SIR.

ayon03_cena

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015

Thank you. It's hard to accept, buy I'll just pay. Less hassle.

Thank you, god bless. :)