Solved! Rgb keyboard malfunction

Nov 27, 2019
Hello guys I have a problem, my MSI gs63 stealth pro laptop keyboard RGB lights have malfunctioned, is probably due to the November 2019 update cuz before I was able to turn the keyboard off completely and there won't be any light remaining but now when I turn it off I see certain patches of red on the keyboard on the RGB still not off completely and when I turn the keyboard on all the way with all the RGB designs and visualisations I still see red patches interfering the other colours,I have reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled steelseries and still no solution, I've done everything, updated etc and yet this keyboard still shows these red patches I don't know what else to do if you have had a similar issue and you can help out that would be great

Solution
Did you try restoring the computer to a point (date) prior to the update? I would try that and see if it makes a difference.

If that doesn't resolve it, then I would check on what else was installed/updated on the computer around the same time to see if anything else may be the cause. Something running in the background, etc.

Should it still continue after that, then I would start looking at hardware issues.
Did you try restoring the computer to a point (date) prior to the update? I would try that and see if it makes a difference.

If that doesn't resolve it, then I would check on what else was installed/updated on the computer around the same time to see if anything else may be the cause. Something running in the background, etc.

Should it still continue after that, then I would start looking at hardware issues.

Solution