Roku 4, mini projector, and Skullcandy Barricade Mini

ThatStoney

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
I'm attempting to hook up the above three items, as the speaker on the projector is pretty terrible. My projector has HDMI, which I hook up to the Roku 4 to actually stream and then attempt to hook up the Barricade Mini to the projector with aux cord, but the sound still only comes out of the projector.

Thoughts?

Solution
Option 1
Connect the headphone out of the Roku remote into the aux input on the speaker.
Option 2
Connect an optical to analog converter to the Roku optical audio output. Connect the speaker to the converter. Set the Roku to output in PCM stereo if the converter is not 5.1 compatible.
Option 3
Connect the Roku (and any other sources) to an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. Connect the selector HDMI out to the projector. Connect the selector audio output to the speaker.

elbert

Distinguished
If you have a android or iphone just use the roku app to pipe the sound thought the bluetooth.
https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-comment-puis-je-%c3%a9couter-mon-lecteur-roku-via-un-casque-sur-mon-appareil-mobile-

ThatStoney

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017

Thank you for the suggestion! That looks like a halfway decent workaround for now. The only issue with going bluetooth is the delay between audio and video. It's only about half a second, but it's enough to drive me nuts.

Option 1
Connect the headphone out of the Roku remote into the aux input on the speaker.
Option 2
Connect an optical to analog converter to the Roku optical audio output. Connect the speaker to the converter. Set the Roku to output in PCM stereo if the converter is not 5.1 compatible.
Option 3
Connect the Roku (and any other sources) to an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. Connect the selector HDMI out to the projector. Connect the selector audio output to the speaker.

Solution